Friday, April 23, 2010

Spices Sleep and Stones

Again I have met the overuse of black pepper, this time by food processors. I bought a pre-marinated fajita meat package. The most overwhelming taste of black pepper was unpleasant to say the least, it tasted like someone who was totally unfamiliar with the flavor and experience of fajitas was in the labratory and said this is good. There are so many other spices and herbs readily available that I find this level of culinary unpleasantness unacceptable.

On to other things. Have you ever had one of those days where you just cannot stay awake? Not because of heavy partying, or medications, you cannot stay awake because it is just another effect of your disability. I had one of those days today, I hate when I lose days because of that, I lost a whole summer that way.

On a happier note my last few forays in to town I found some stones that a have been wanting for awhile. I have a matching pair of ammonite, and 2 chryscolla druzy, I just love the sparkle of druzy. Now I need to get silver out and make settings for these beauties, and then the hard part, parting with my treasures. I do love to share my visions of objects with others, so it will not be to much of a hardship.

No comments:

Post a Comment